If your hiring team isn’t effectively using social media, they’re falling behind in using one of the best tools to capture candidates. Social media is alive with all kinds of brand-building activities, product promotions, and activities that will set your company apart. A recent poll shows that 82% of companies are using social to attract passive candidates. Given the high visibility and low cost of social media recruitment, that number should be higher.
What is Social Media Recruiting?
Social media recruiting uses marketing techniques on social media sites to attract more candidates. The days of posting an ad and waiting for resumes are over. Today, 73% of millennials say they found their last job on social media. Did you know Generation Z, who will contribute more than 61 million employees to the job market in the next few years, average seven social media profiles? These trends practically scream, “Use social.”
Benefits of Social Media Recruitment?
Here are five benefits of using social media as part of your recruiting program:
- Increases the visibility of the jobs you have open. Social posts with links to the job are the bare minimum effort to reach candidates on these online platforms.
- Reaches higher quality candidates. You can research candidates that seem to be an awesome fit for the job you’re trying to fill and reach out to them proactively on social media.
- Builds awareness of your company brand. Each online interaction is worth its weight in gold for promoting your products and services.
- Extends your reach to passive candidates who aren’t actively searching for a new job. Plus, if your social post is shared you spread the good word about your company even further.
- It’s a low-cost but effective way to reach candidates where they hang out. In fact, many of the social media posts you share probably cost very little—if anything at all.
You can use social media to target very specific audiences. What techniques on social media seem to be more effective than others? How can you use social to improve your recruiting efforts?
How to Use Social Media to Improve Your Recruiting Efforts?
Sharing smart content on social platforms is a great way to build up your company culture or set yourself up as a subject matter expert. You can use a video that shows your workplace, or you can share statistics and a cool graphic. You could even create an audience poll. But before posting this content, make sure you’re clear on the audience you’re trying to attract and tailor your posts accordingly. You can stretch the content across multiple channels, too, by simply just changing the format.
Some of the content could share a “day in the life” so candidates could get a feel for what it’s like to work in your company. You could show the fun aspects of working in the company. You could interview a coworker to find out what the workday is really like. You could use social to announce new hires. There are literally no limits except to your creativity.
Exelare knows all of the tricks of social media. Our powerful software helps companies find candidates fast and can help you fill in any gaps between your next great hire and the empty seat on your bus. Call on us. We can help.